General Family Practice With a Holistic Approach To Dental Care...

Are Amalgams (Silver/Mercury) fillings bad for you?

That is a difficult question because the answer depends on who you ask. There are two different philosophies that address this issue. If you ask the dental profession they would say that the fillings are cost effective and long lasting (which is true). If you ask a holistic/ alternative practitioner (eg. naturopath, homeopath, acupuncturist) they would answer that mercury vapours evaporate off the fillings 24 hours a day since the moment they were placed in your mouth. You would inhale the vapours into your lungs and directly absorb 80% of that into the blood stream where it can be carried and potentially contact every cell of your body. Mercury is the most toxic, non-radioactive heavy metal on earth.


There are two approaches here, on one side longevity or life of the filling and on the other side the toxic effects on the person. You must decide which approach resonates with your philosophy and then decide which material you would prefer to have.

Read 34938 times

Leave a comment